During the Pre-Construction process, Grace Construction is completely involved with the overall planning, coordination and control of the client's project before the actual construction begins. Grace will take the lead in preparing cost estimates so that the client can make an informed decision as to the direction of their project. In addition to estimating, Grace's experienced and knowledgeable pre-construction team participates in decisions relating to value engineering, scheduling, and constructability reviews. By providing these extraordinary pre-construction services, Grace continually meets the client's project requirements and puts them on track for a successful project.
Our Pre-Construction Services Include:
- Develop preliminary milestone schedule
- Develop a detailed conceptual budget estimate
- Work along-side the design professionals and client to provide ongoing budget support as the design progresses
- Provide Value Engineering (VE) options
- Provide constructability & logistical assessments
- Review LEED Design options and their impact to cost & schedule
- Establish subcontractor bid list specific to each project
- Prepare bid packages
- Bid project
- Facilitate & Manage Permit Process
As Construction Manager, Grace Construction is responsible for the overall planning, coordination and control of a project from start to finish. From early development to completion, a member of our experienced Project Management team will coordinate and oversee every aspect of the project, including communications with the client and architect, and supervision of all subcontractors.
Grace Construction also provides general contracting services. As General Contractor, Grace is in charge of all the material, labor, equipment and services necessary for the construction of the client's projects. Grace goes beyond the everyday services of a general contractor. Our project management team has the experience and expertise to ensure that everyone involved with the day-to-day construction of each project has a full understanding of the design and specifications. That experience helps us predict problems before they develop, while keeping the project on schedule and within the approved budget.
Our Construction Management Services Include:
- Assign Project Manager & Superintendent
- Engage Subcontractors
- Obtain all construction permits
- Schedule site kick-off meetings
- Manage the submittal & procurement process
- Continual on-site supervision
- Safety control & management
- Track schedule & milestone delivery dates
- Cost & quality control
- Meeting minutes
- Two week look ahead schedules
- Digital photos of construction progression
- Submittal & shop drawing review
- LEED documentation & commissioning
- Interface with all inspection and testing agencies
- Obtain Certificate of Occupancy
- Timely completion of punch list
- Timely submission of Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Warranties & Close-out documents
Grace also routinely completes projects for our clients on a "Design/Build" basis. The Design/Build Method allows Grace Construction to deliver both design and construction services to the client as the single responsible entity. Using the Design/Build procurement approach, the architect is retained directly by Grace, reducing the risks and overall costs. Grace, being the single point of contact, minimizes risks for the owner and by overlapping the design and construction phases, allows the project schedule to be reduced significantly.
All of the pre-construction and construction management services itemized above would also apply to a design/build project.