During the Pre-Construction process, Grace Construction is completely involved with the overall planning, coordination and control of the client's project before the actual construction begins. Grace will take the lead in preparing cost estimates so that the client can make an informed decision as to the direction of their project. In addition to estimating, Grace's experienced and knowledgeable pre-construction team participates in decisions relating to value engineering, scheduling, and constructability reviews. By providing these extraordinary pre-construction services, Grace continually meets the client's project requirements and puts them on track for a successful project.
Our Pre-Construction Services include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all design meetings
- Program review & assessment
- Detailed budgeting, based upon progress design plans & specifications
- Detailed scheduling of all milestone activities for the team
- Constructability review & assessment
- Value Engineering
- GMP pricing, based upon substantially completed design documents. Grace will obtain 3-5 bids for every trade and share these bids with the Owner
- Coordination of site utility requirements, capacities, and associated lead time for engineering & approval
- Attend Planning Board Approval Meetings
- Submit signed & sealed design documents and completed construction permit applications to the township for zoning & construction permit review and approval
- Develop a color-coded Phasing & Sequencing Plan of Construction
- Complete all subcontract agreements, to include a detailed scope review. Provide copies of all Subcontract Agreements to the Owner
As Construction Manager, Grace Construction is responsible for the overall planning, coordination and control of a project from start to finish. From early development to completion, a member of our experienced Project Management team will coordinate and oversee every aspect of the project, including communications with the client and architect, and supervision of all subcontractors.
Grace Construction also provides general contracting services. As General Contractor, Grace is in charge of all the material, labor, equipment and services necessary for the construction of the client's projects. Grace goes beyond the everyday services of a general contractor. Our project management team has the experience and expertise to ensure that everyone involved with the day-to-day construction of each project has a full understanding of the design and specifications. That experience helps us predict problems before they develop, while keeping the project on schedule and within the approved budget.
Our Construction Management Services include, but are not limited to:
- Provide an experienced Project Manager & Project Superintendent for the duration of construction
- Supervise all subcontractors
- Obtain all construction permits and approvals
- Schedule site kick-off meetings with the township
- Manage the submittal & procurement process
- Continual on-site supervision
- Safety control & management
- Track schedule & milestone delivery dates
- Cost & quality control
- Utilize a state-of-the-art web based Construction Management Software System “ProCore” which is easily accessible & user friendly for architect & owner
- Conduct weekly subcontractor meetings & toolbox safety meetings
- Conduct weekly construction update meetings with owner and/or architect
- Meeting minutes
- Two week look ahead schedules
- Weekly digital photos of construction progression
- Submittal & shop drawing review
- LEED documentation & commissioning, as applicable
- Interface with all township inspection officials and 3rd party testing & inspection agencies
- Obtain Certificate of Occupancy
- Timely completion of punch list
- Timely submission of Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Warranties & Close-out Documents
Grace also routinely completes projects for our clients on a "Design/Build" basis. The Design/Build Method allows Grace Construction to deliver both design and construction services to the client as the single responsible entity. Using the Design/Build procurement approach, the architect is retained directly by Grace, reducing the risks and overall costs. Grace, being the single point of contact, minimizes risks for the owner and by overlapping the design and construction phases, allows the project schedule to be reduced significantly.
All of the pre-construction and construction management services itemized above would also apply to a design/build project.